LONDON, Sept 3 (Reuters) – North Korea’s latest nuclear test could represent a new order of threat, Britain’s foreign minister Boris Johnson said on Sunday.
“There’s no question that this is another provocation, it’s reckless,” he told Sky news. “They seem to be moving closer towards a hydrogen bomb which, if fitted to a successful missile, would unquestionably present a new order of threat.”
Pyongyang conducted its sixth and most powerful nuclear test earlier on Sunday.
He said Britain’s preference was for a diplomatic solution and that none of the military options relating to North Korea were palatable.
North Korea announced its sixth nuclear test yet on Sunday, Sept. 3. State media says leader Kim Jong-un ordered the test of a hydrogren bomb that can be mounted on an intercontinental ballistic missile.
Sunday’s blast — North Korea’s sixth nuclear test but the first since Trump took office — could escalate those tensions to a new level.
North Korea’s latest nuclear test took place at exactly noon local time at its Punggye-ri testing site and was recorded as a magnitude 6.3 earthquake, according to the United States Geological Survey. It was followed eight minutes later by a 4.1 magnitude earthquake that appeared to be a tunnel collapsing at the site.
North Korean state media said that the test was carried to test “the accuracy and credibility” of its “H-bomb to be placed at the payload of the ICBM.”
Its looking more and more like the US will need to move the military option on north korea before they get an H bomb on a missle.
Its not looking good for north korea or south korea.
Keep praying President Trump will make the right decision about north korea.